Consider paying less on the scale if you:
- are supporting children or other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- receive public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
Consider paying more on the scale if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part time by choice
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.)
For any other questions please reach out to us!
At Holistic Psychotherapy NYC, we are committed to making our services accessible to as many therapy-seekers as possible. While our full rate for a 45 minute session is $250, we also offer an honor system-based sliding scale.
This means that we do not ask for proof of income or other documentation of financial hardship, but we do ask that you pay the highest rate that you can afford based on your financial circumstances. This allows us to provide therapy to a wider range of individuals in the community while also still compensating our therapists fairly in accordance with their education and training.
Below are general guidelines for sliding scale based on yearly income, as well as information that may help you determine whether to ask for a sliding scale reduced fee: